Question:
Does anyone here own an Ipod Touch?
VS.love <3
2009-06-26 10:34:16 UTC
If so, enlighten me.You see, I was thinking of asking for one for my birthday, and it would be delightful if I could have some advice on it.

What are the pros/cons of the Ipod Touch?
Is the internet fast and easy to use?
Is the wi-fi connection good?
What is your favorite app?
Do the apps make the Ipod slow?
Would you reccomend it to me?
Twenty answers:
2009-06-26 10:44:59 UTC
I got mine for Christmas and I am loving it! Well the screen gets dirty, a lot, so that is a disadvantage! It is so easy download something onto it, so I guess that is a advantage! Well for me, the internet is fast, but for the wi-fi, you either have to have wireless or nothing! I have nothing cause it cost money to get wi-fi, but whenever I got to my aunt's house, they have wireless, so I can use my ipod touch there and it is a really good connection! My favorite app is the youtube one or internet! All the apps are really cool, so when or if you would get one, you will understand that you cannot just pick one favorite app! The apps don't make the ipod slow one bit! Well not for me anyway! So I am sure it would be the same for you! I would def. recommend it to you! They are really easy to carry around and are very easy to be portable! When or if you get one, you will love it, cause you can use the internet, Itunes store, weather, directions, Music videos, movies, and a lot more! I hope if you get one, this thing that I wrote will help you out! Thanks!
2009-06-26 17:47:41 UTC
Yes, I own an iPod touch

Pros: good internet surfing, pretty, very entertaining considering all the apps, media player is quite nice, great programming, and more

Cons: Crashes quite a few times, nothing serious(it's usually an app's fault), no camera, needs a bigger internet connection radius, the headphone jack is on the BOTTOM, no flash player except for youtube

The internet is quite fast, but then again it depends on the server you're using. It's faster than my computer, so there you go.

Wifi: Well I just told you. It finds any server within 100 feet, but that can be shortened tremendously by walls and such. It needs a bit of a wider range.

My favorite app: Tap Tap Revenge. It's sort of a mix of guitar hero and DDR. It's free, has beautiful graphics, and they add new songs every week. Another favorite is Glyder. It's a paid app, still pretty cheap, and it's AWESOME. It's like a fantasy video game, and the character flies around completing tasks and collecting jewels. Sounds sort of lame, ut it isn't.

Apps don't make the iPod slow, unless you have a bajillion of them, or if the programmer who made the app makes a mistake and causes the app to crash.

I would reccommend it, but I'm warning you - you'll get spoiled.

hope this helped xP
alexandra .
2009-06-26 17:42:24 UTC
I don't, but my sister does. I'd like to get one eventually, when my iPod wears out and the iPod touches have 3x more space than I have music (room to grow, ya know?). Or an iPhone if they ever get on Verizon. Anyway. I'll tell you what I know from her.

She & my dad had kind of a pain getting the internet set up at first, but once it was working, she's been on the internet everywhere, from the backyard to the airport. I've used the wi-fi, and it seems pretty good. Not like being on a computer of course, but it's not frustrating. I like the bowling app the most, haha. I think she's mostly really happy to have facebook whenever she wants it. The calendar & stuff is nice for keeping things organized. I don't think the apps make it slow; as far as I know you basically use one at a time, so it moves quickly enough. She loves it.
wsmub•
2009-06-26 17:38:26 UTC
Yes, it is bitchin'.

Pros: you can use it almost anywhere, it has a lot of apps that don't require wi-wfi, it's basically a mini computer, and obviously it's an iPod.

Cons: battery life is crap, if you go on the Internet too long (like 10 min) it sucks the life out of the iPod, and the chrome on the back of the device scratches VERY EASILY. (I recommend getting a case for it), you cannot download adobe flash items.

The wi-fi connection is very good...depending on where you are.

My fav apps are Diner Dash, Pool Sharks, Build-a-lot, Fun Facts, Edgar Allen Poe poems, and Tic Tac Touch (I don't have many apps ;p)

No the apps shouldn't affect the iPods performance, if it does, just put it to sleep then turn it back on.

Yes, I would recommend getting the iPod Touch. If you do, make sure you get a covering case for it ( a case that covers the whole iPod, even the touch face it smudges easily). And the 32 gig, is good....holds more songs.
2009-06-26 17:37:10 UTC
Yes. :)

-What are the pros/cons of the Ipod Touch?

CONS-It gets crashed up easily, when ever you put it on speaker it's not that loud.

PROS- It's touch screen. It was wifi, unlike other ipods.

-Is the internet fast and easy to use?

It's pretty fast if your in a good wifi spot.

-Is the wi-fi connection good?

pretty good.

-What is your favorite app?

The fake call APP.

-Do the apps make the Ipod slow?

Not if you have more then 200.

-Would you recommend it to me?

Yes, i love it. :D
Nicole P
2009-06-26 17:48:45 UTC
I don't have an itouch but my friend does I use it sometimes.

Pros

1.It's like bringing your computer with you except in a smaller case,

2.Games to pass the time.

3.Listen to music.

4.Watch videos.

5.Youtube

6.Storing photos

Cons

1. You have to carry it by hand unless you have some sort of special holder.

2. It catches easily so buy a case protector.

The internet is fast depending where you are and pretty easy to connect.

The wi-fi is pretty good and easy.

My favorite app is probably the maps app. We never get lost.

The apps don't make the ipod slow.

It's the best ipod to have ever. I'm hoping to get one but my parents might get me a dog or cat instead.
Kelsey
2009-06-26 17:41:05 UTC
I do :]

What are the pros/cons of the Ipod Touch? Pros- wifi, itunes store, APPS, can store music videos and music (well duh), has youtube

Cons- runs out of battery fast, doesn't let you download shockwave or anything online, expensive

Is the internet fast and easy to use? Yes, you can zoom in and out and turn it whichever way you want

Is the wi-fi connection good? It depends on the connection you're using, if it's a good connection, it will work good on your touch, if it's bad, it might be a little slow

What is your favorite app? Well when I didn't have texting on my phone it was TextFree, now it's Pandora

Do the apps make the Ipod slow? None for me

Would you reccomend it to me? Yes, I love it and it's very useful!
FaZizzle
2009-06-26 17:39:48 UTC
My husband has an 8 GB iTouch

Pros: Awesome, easy to use, easy to pick songs, wireless interview, email

Cons: Not very easy to change songs while driving or working out, costly

The internet is fast is your connection is solid! We've had zero problem with it when we have a wi-fi connection.

No idea on the apps - we haven't updated ours for it yet.

If you're just going to use it for music and fun, it's awesome. If you're going to use it while you're working out or driving, you may want to scale back to just an iPod.
jjman1221
2009-06-26 17:42:52 UTC
i have one, i love it cause first of all it holds music, its the first ipod i ever got lol, second i can get on facebook myspace all kinds of things, third there is literally an app for EVERYTHING, poker, tanks, pinball, youtube internet everything! i haven't ever had a problem with it being slow and the wi-fi is good.

The only con i would say is it sometimes crashes (goes to main menu) or freezes so you have to completely turn it off. but that's only happened to me while on facebook looking at pictures lol.

I would definantaly reccomend it
2009-06-26 17:37:30 UTC
pros- looks cool and high tech,

cons- kinda slow sometimes, turns off,

internet is fast if you have good wi-fi connection

wifi is stronger than the PSP

fav app- MONOPOLY

no i had 9 pages of apps and it remained the same, album artwork make ipod slow because i recently put some on my songs and it is super slow

yes buy it
2009-06-26 17:37:25 UTC
Yes. i have an ipod touch 2g.

pros: Its fun, cool, all your friend want to play with it, pretty thin, external speakers!, itunes on the ipod so you can directly buy songs,movies,videos,pod casts, song albums directly on the ipod. you dont need to buy on itunes on computer.

cons: Loses 20% of battery when you completely turn it off and turn it back on, so its better to keep it in sleep all the time. thats what i do.

- The wi-fi connection is pretty good. it works perfectly. if you have at&t, its better to just buy an iphone so you get internet where ever you are.

note: the wi-fi depends on howfast your internet is. if your internet is high speed internet, its fast, if its slow, it runs slow. so it just depends on your internet speed.

-There are tons of them and i like lots of them.

-Nope some apps crash while using but its not the ipod's fault. its the app's fault. and the apps will NOT make the ipod slower.

-Yes i definitely recommend the ipod to everyone. its really fun and VERY helpful. but if have at&t, its better to get the iphone, if not, the itouch is perfectly fine.

good luck. i got mine about 6 months ago and i love it.
bryanna♥
2009-06-26 17:39:47 UTC
Its by far the best ipod.

The internet is fast i would say.

The wi-fi connection is terrible.

Theres 1000's of fun free apps. and the paid ones are fun too.

you know what you like.. and they don't make the iPod any slower from what i can tell. And yes i would reccomend it to you.
Evanescence K
2009-06-26 17:42:55 UTC
actually my brother has it and he loves it.it frezes from time to time but thats it and yes the internet is fast and easy the wi-fi is good but if i were you i would get the ipod nano ive had it for ...i dont know how long but ive never had trouble with and it has never frozen

hope i helped
2009-06-26 17:39:45 UTC
the internet is easy and fast yeah

yeah wi-fi connection is good stay connected all times

paper toss is my fav app

nah apps dont make it slow

yeah i would :)
peace4life
2009-06-26 17:39:01 UTC
The wifi is horrible, srt but it is...... if u have good wifi the internet is good.... games (of course).... no i would rather get a laptop

Hope I helped u decide,

Good luck!!
Tree hugger-Plant Luver
2009-06-26 17:39:03 UTC
No, but it looks fun! I want one really bad, and I think I'm not going help much, but go for it!
?
2009-06-26 17:37:57 UTC
gimme the money
Ashleigh F
2009-06-26 17:39:21 UTC
no but i like soooooooooooooooooooo want one!!!
edulover1
2009-06-26 17:37:23 UTC
me i hate it
SUCCESS!!