Question:
How well do you have to know an individual to idenitify body language wise when they are lying or truthful?
bulabate
2006-03-22 10:32:00 UTC
Or do all humans have consistant body movements when lying or telling the truth! some say eye movement,or touching one's self etc!
Five answers:
Benjamin H
2006-03-22 13:18:00 UTC
There are a variety of elements that come into play....

- The skill of the individual trying to see if the other person is lying.

- How practiced and skilled the individual is who is at lying.

- How well they know each other.

- The state of mind of the reader in that moment (i.e. how focused they are, the presence of mind-altering substances, etc.)

Keep in mind that it's not only body language, there are tons of other subtle cues that the reader may or may not even pick up on a conscious level. This often plays out in a "gut feeling" the person is lying though the reader is unable to point to any external evidence.
RED
2006-03-22 11:16:44 UTC
When people are lying (sometimes) they will show you the truth with there body language, for instance, they say no to something but slightly nod their head while saying it. Also they can't make eye contact if they are lying.Also the eye movement thing, I can't remember exactly which is which, but I think its when your recalling a memory (telling the truth) you look up and to the left and and when you are fabricating infomation(making up a lie) you look down and to the right.
Life is great!
2006-03-22 11:04:52 UTC
I'm sure everyone has some kind of body language that lets you know if we are honest or not. Probably would need to know someone a little while to know their specific body language.
2006-03-22 14:35:09 UTC
you can usually tell when anybody is lying when u know what to look for. like when they are not looking you in the eye, or figeting, or become out of breath, or say um aloy. some people are just good liars like myself and nobody knos when they are lying
Cherriest
2006-03-22 13:26:14 UTC
I can always tell when my husband is lying and when my oldest daughter is lying. They are both dead giveaways. I'm not so keen with anyone else... I'm a pretty trusting individual.